Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
Pumpkin & curry is always a perfect match. Source: Super Food Ideas magazine - June 2003
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried red lentils
- 1 3⁄4 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, and chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. Stir in curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add lentils, pumpkin, and stock. Stir until well-combined. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, partially covered, for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly until pumpkin is just tender.
- Serve immediately, topped with a dollop of natural yoghurt if desired.