1/1 Photo of Curried Lentil and Chickpea Stew
Izzy The Terrible's Note:
This recipe converted at least 3 people I know to curry, and many to lentils. Even my husband - who previously disliked lentils and curry - LOVES this recipe. Chunks of carrots and potatoes make this recipe hearty, while the lentils and Chickpeas give it plenty of fiber, nutrients and protein. Omit the Chickpeas if you're not a fan, or try it... you just might like it! This was my first vegan recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Sautee onions until translucent.
- 22. Add curry powder, and cook until spice is fragrant. About 30 seconds.
- 33. Add broth, carrots and rinsed lentils and rinsed lentils. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- 44. Add cubed potatoes. Cook 15 more minutes.
- 55. Add Garbanzo beans. Cook 15 – 25 more minutes or until everything is cooked and lentils are tender.
- 6The times on the recipe are estimated times. There is no science about this stew. Additionally, if you want it thicker, remove a portion of the stew, and blend it using a standard or immersion blender.
- 7Enjoy as is, or over rice!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentil and Chickpea Stew
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 205.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: