1 hr 5 mins
Karyl Lee's Note:
This slightly exotic lentil salad can be made many ways, curried is just the one I like best. The cook time is for the lentils, they must be done to your preference. The vegetables are meant to be raw.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb cooked lentils (dark green preferred)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted and salted cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix the dressing ingredients together and soak the currants in the dressing.
- 2Put the lentils into a 3 quart pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- 3Cook until tender; While the lentils cook,cut all the vegetables as indicated, set aside to add to the lentils.
- 4Drain the lentils.
- 5Place the drained lentils into large bowl.
- 6Add the vegetables and stir well.
- 7Add the dressing and currants to the other mixture and stir well.
- 8Add the cashews.
- 9Let stand briefly and eat warm, or chill to eat the next day.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentil and Cashew Salad
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 140.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g