Recipe by Bergy
Serve with rice, chutney and chappatis. Do other EastIndian dishes if you wish Like a nice lentil dish. Make the day ahead and reheat. Freezes well too
Top Review by JustJanS
We had no kids at home, so Russell cooked this for dinner last night. It was a simple, yummy curry, the lamb was melt-in-your-mouth, and we'll make this again. The mustard powder seemed an unusual addition, but it worked well. Thanks Bergy!
- 2 lbs cubed trimmed leg of lamb (1" cubes)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the spices, mix well.
- Toss with the onion and the lamb.
- Place all the ingredients except the yogurt into a large skillet and simmer covered for apprx 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb is tender, add a bit more water if necessary.
- Stir in the yogurt.