Recipe by chia
fix it in the morning and come home to a wonderful aromatic dinner
Top Review by Geema
This was a very aromatic and flavorful curry with the perfect amount of mild heat. Because it was cooked in the crockpot, the lamb melted in our mouth. I admit to being scared about adding the apricots. But, since I've used raisins in curry before, I made the short leap to apricots and was very pleased at the exotic, tart taste. I didn't make any changes to the recipe, but had fun using all those spices that just sit in my drawer unused for months...especially the little cardamom pods. I had fun making this recipe, Chia, and DH and I truly loved eating it. He gives it a 5 *****
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 lbs lamb, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh pepper
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped apricots
- cooked white rice
- mango chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- in a non stick skillet heat oil and brown lamb in batches, place in crockpot add onions, garlic, jalapeno, ginger and the rest of the spices, stir for 1 minute until fragrant.
- add beef stock, mix well, pour over lamb in crockpot.
- cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- add apricots, cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
- discard cinnamon stick, serve over rice with mango chutney.