Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Once had a stranger knock on my door and ask what I was grilling because the smell was so incredible. Taste is equal. You could use lamb cubes and make shishkabob with this. Times do not include marinating. Don't recall where recipe came from.
- 2 lbs lamb, round steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Trim excess fat from lamb, but leave in the bone.
- Crush garlic with the salt. Add ginger, pepper, turmeric, coriander, cumin and oregano. Stir in soy, lemon juice and vegetable oil.
- Coat evenly over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours to 3 days.
- Prepare bbq grill for coals to be white-ash covered. Grill meat 5 minutes each side or broil.
Tasty, but not hot enough. Next time, I'll marinate overnight rather than 3 hours.
Wonderful change of pace from your regular rosemary/red wine marinade for lamb. I thought the flavours were nice and bold. I had lamb sirloin steaks, but would make this again as kebabs as well. I marinated mine for 5 hours but would probably leave it marinating overnight next time. Thank you.