Recipe by charlie #5
Once had a stranger knock on my door and ask what I was grilling because the smell was so incredible. Taste is equal. You could use lamb cubes and make shishkabob with this. Times do not include marinating. Don't recall where recipe came from.
- 2 lbs lamb, round steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from lamb, but leave in the bone.
- Crush garlic with the salt. Add ginger, pepper, turmeric, coriander, cumin and oregano. Stir in soy, lemon juice and vegetable oil.
- Coat evenly over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours to 3 days.
- Prepare bbq grill for coals to be white-ash covered. Grill meat 5 minutes each side or broil.