Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
With modification this recipe is from "The Diabetic Gourmet Cookbook".
Make and share this Curried Lamb on Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean lamb, well trimmed and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet; add the lamb, onion, and garlic and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, curry powder, salt, ginger, tomato, and flour. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, or until the lamb is tender; stirring occasionally and adding water if the liquid evaporates.
- Toss the grated carrot and peas with the rice in a small non-stick saucepan, heat through.
- Divide the lamb mixture onto serving plates and spoon the rice pilaf in the middle.
I had exactly one lb of cooked lamb roast and I was in the mood for curry and ..... I just happen to have a bowl of cooked rice. Didn't have the beef broth so we used chicken and a whole carrot grated. We really enjoyed this quick dish
We enjoyed this. We didn't add the carrots and peas to the rice. This is a good recipe for less expensive cuts of lamb. Thanks for posting!