Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
With modification this recipe is from "The Diabetic Gourmet Cookbook".
Make and share this Curried Lamb on Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean lamb, well trimmed and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet; add the lamb, onion, and garlic and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, curry powder, salt, ginger, tomato, and flour. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, or until the lamb is tender; stirring occasionally and adding water if the liquid evaporates.
- Toss the grated carrot and peas with the rice in a small non-stick saucepan, heat through.
- Divide the lamb mixture onto serving plates and spoon the rice pilaf in the middle.
I had exactly one lb of cooked lamb roast and I was in the mood for curry and ..... I just happen to have a bowl of cooked rice. Didn't have the beef broth so we used chicken and a whole carrot grated. We really enjoyed this quick dish
We enjoyed this. We didn't add the carrots and peas to the rice. This is a good recipe for less expensive cuts of lamb. Thanks for posting!