I have been trying to duplicate a dish from my favorite Indian restaurant in Tucson, AZ. This is not it, close but not yet. It is, however, extremely tasty!
- Salt and pepper the lamb, then mix and form into little balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and start browning the meatballs.
- Slice the peppers and onion thinly and add to the browning meatballs. Shake the pan or stir every so often to brown the meatballs all over.
- When the meatballs are brown and the peppers and onions have softened slightly, add the butter and curry powder. Stir again and add the tomato sauce.
- Stir again and cover with a lid, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir in the spinach and cilantro and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice.
Made this for dinner last night and it was excellent! I made it exactly as suggested with no substitutions and it was delicious - and easy! Definitely a keeper!
We really enjoyed this curried lamb dish. It was very easy to make and had really nice flavor. The only modification that I made was to use 2 red peppers instead of one red and one yellow as that is what I had on hand, and I used a hot curry powder versus a sweet one. I also liked that it did not require a lot of prep. We served it over basmati rice. Thanks!
Very tasty! The tomato sauce overpowered the curry quite a bit but it was still an excellent meal! I served with "Chickpea Curry (Garbanzos)" for a fantastic meal. Thanks DesertChef!