Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Make and share this Curried Lamb and Lentil Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb trimmed boneless lamb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced thick
- 2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper.
- In a big pot, over medium-high heat, saute lamb in oil for about 5 minutes or until lamb is browned.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger; saute 5 more minutes.
- Add curry powder and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes with juice, lentils, carrots, and zucchini; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until lamb and lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas and simmer about 5 minutes or until heated well.
- Season wtih salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in soup bowls.