Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this up a long time ago and my daughter just asked me to make it for dinner recently. Wonderfully rich flavor with lots of mild spices. Works great with a simple green salad and fresh pita bread. This works well in the crock pot as well. Cook for 6 hours on low
- Brown lamb in batches and pour off any fat.
- Remove lamb and add olive oil, saute onions and garlic until soft add spices except cinnamon. Heat until fragrant.
- Add meat back to the pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add diced apple and cinnamon stick cover and let cook until meat is cooked through.
- We like ours saucy so I did add a little water thickened with corn starch. Great served with couscous or yellow rice.