Recipe by KOSHER KOOK
I made this up a long time ago and my daughter just asked me to make it for dinner recently. Wonderfully rich flavor with lots of mild spices. Works great with a simple green salad and fresh pita bread. This works well in the crock pot as well. Cook for 6 hours on low
- 4 lbs ground lamb
- 2 diced onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown lamb in batches and pour off any fat.
- Remove lamb and add olive oil, saute onions and garlic until soft add spices except cinnamon. Heat until fragrant.
- Add meat back to the pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add diced apple and cinnamon stick cover and let cook until meat is cooked through.
- We like ours saucy so I did add a little water thickened with corn starch. Great served with couscous or yellow rice.