Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A "Company's Coming" recipe. This is a versatile meat sauce, you can use more or less curry to your liking. Makes a good, quick meat sauce.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Combine oil, ground beef, and onion in frying pan.
- Brown, stirring frequentlty to break up.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sage.
- Stir in flour until well mixed with beef mixture.
- Add milk all at once.
- Stir as mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in curry powder.
- Add more liquid if needed, especially if reheating.
- Serve with rice or oodles of noodles.