1/1 Photo of Curried Haddock With Pineapple (Iceland)
*Ysurettir Med Ananas og Karri* in Icelandic, this recipe is a veggie-rich, 1-dish meal found in *Cool Cuisine* (Traditional Icelandic Cuisine) by Nanna Rognvaldardottir. Per her intro, "A festive fish dish dating back to the early 1980s. There are many variations on this theme & the dish is often topped w/cheese." (15 min time was allowed for ingredient prep) *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g haddock fillets (skinned & boned)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek (cleaned & chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded & chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (seeded & chopped)
- 125 g shrimp
- 200 g single cream
- 225 g pineapple tidbits (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 115 g button mushrooms (sliced) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (390F). Lightly brush an oven-proof baking dish w/some of the oil & set aside.
- 2Cut haddock into pieces, season w/salt + pepper & set aside.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Saute leek & garlic over med-heat till softened. Add chopped bell peppers + mushrooms (if using) & saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add shrimp, single cream, pineapple tidbits, & pineapple juice. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, curry powder & paprika. Taste & add salt & pepper as desired.
- 5Simmer for 2 minutes. Add fish pieces & simmer for 1 minute.
- 6Remove from heat & pour into the prepared baking dish. Cover loosely w/foil & bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Haddock With Pineapple (Iceland)
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 207.9 mg
- Sodium 246.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 46.9 g