Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Family Fun's Sept issue. It has tomato soup, peanut butter, yams, carrots etc in it. It's a great way to get those vegetables in the kids. Groundnuts are just peanuts.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated (about 1/2 C)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated (about 3 C)
- 3 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and the carrot and saute until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and the water, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Stir in the condensed soup, peanut butter, curry and cayenne pepper, then bring mixture to boil.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender in 2 batches, then return it to the pan and reheat it.
- Ladle soup into bowls and, if you like, top it with a dollop of sour cream and a few chopped peanuts.