Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This time of year I love green tomato recipes. Where do all those tomatoes come from? This is a quick easy casserole and quite tasty. Leave off the crumbs if you wish but not the Parmesan
- In a large skillet cook the tomatoes and onions until very soft (if there is a lot of fluid you may want to drain some off before adding the sour cream).
- Stir in the curry powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Let the mixture cool and stir in the sour cream.
- Pour into lightly buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with crumbs and parmesan.
- Bake in 350F degrees oven until the casserole is bubbly and the topping is well browned (about 30- 45 minutes).
- You can prepare ahead and pop it in the oven 45 minutes before dinner.
I love finding green tomato recipes like this that don't call for breading in frying. I made 1/2 the recipe because I only had 4 green toms. I did use the light sour cream. I was very pleased with this and will use this recipe again during the green tomato seasons. Thanx!