Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice side dish from Cooking Light.
- 1 lb red potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 1⁄2 cups green beans, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Slice potato halves.
- Place potato slices in a medium saucepan; cover with water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, and cook, uncovered, 8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine curry and next 4 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt and garlic; cook just until mixture is warm.
- (Do not overcook or yogurt will separate).
- Combine potato mixture and yogurt mixture in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.