Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My son loves this chilled, but it is great directly from the stove. I put it over basmati rice.
- 3 cups garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red chili powder, to taste
- 3⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped,to taste
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- In 1/2 inch of water, stir the spices and heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in the garbanzos and just enough water to barely cover them.
- Stir well, mash a few with a potato masher or fork.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened, stir often.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice, the cilantro and tomato.
- Taste and correct seasonings if desired.
Very easy to make, tasty dish though some might find it a bit bland. Great for children. I highly recommend for families with young children. Great to double and freeze for busy days too. 8/10