Recipe by Food Snob ;)
This dish goes great with pork, although we often eat as the main dish itself. I find this is an 'addictive' salad-- there is never any leftover. Initially I couldn't imagine that these flavors would go well together, but it is perfect. Do not omit any of the ingredients otherwise you will miss them. The chicken can be subbed for tuna, although we don't care for that variation. Prep time includes pasta cook time as you prep while it cooks. We don't always chill first. This recipe is a family favorite and I don't know where it came from.
- 4 cups dry small shell pasta
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (or 2 cans tuna drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain.
- Combine miracle whip and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Toss the pasta and seasonings together, then add grapes and chicken.
- Gently stir in mandarin oranges last so that they don't get too broken up.
- Refrigerate until chilled, enjoy!