Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of the specialities of the southern regions of India is cooked fruit mixed with yogurt. This versatile dish can be served as appetizer, a dessert, or a side dish, and although it is usually served warm, it is also quite good cold.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have a 2 quart covered casserole ready.
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid.
- Combine pineapple and remaining fresh and dried fruit in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine resrved pineapple juice with brown sugar and curry powder.
- Mix well and pour over fruit. Mix until fruit is evenly covered.
- Place in prepared casserole. Bake covered, 1 hour.
- Serve warm or cold. Top with yogurt if desired.