Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Simple, easy side dish. This is very good with pork or chicken. My kids even love it and they are not a far of curry at all. This has to chill overnight or for at least a few hours before serving so make allowances in your menu.
- 1 cup uncooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 cup green apple, cored and cubed
- 3 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup prepared mango chutney
- 2⁄3 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons fruit vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Cook rice according to directions in lightly salted water.
- Allow the rice to cool once it has completed cooking.
- In a large bowl combine all other ingredients with the rice and stir well.
- Chill for several hours or overnight before serving to allow flavors to meld.