Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great alone or with roasted chicken and bacon added to the salad. This is always better the next day! This recipe always changes depending on the fruit, grain and nuts I have around. Be adventurous!
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked and cooled (or Quinoa)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup grapes (sliced in half, lengthwise)
- 1 celery rib (small dice)
- 5 -6 dried apricots (chopped)
- 1 egg (hard boiled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 4 leaves lettuce (I like Bibb or Buttercrunch)
- Mix the first 5 ingredients and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and stir. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place salad on lettuce leaves and garnish with egg and parsley.
- Can add cooked, diced chicken.
This is a nice rice salad. The flavors are subtle and the ingredients flexible enough to fit your family's likes. I took it to a church dinner and came home with an empty bowl. Thanks for posting!