Recipe by TooAllergic
Great alone or with roasted chicken and bacon added to the salad. This is always better the next day! This recipe always changes depending on the fruit, grain and nuts I have around. Be adventurous!
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
This is a nice rice salad. The flavors are subtle and the ingredients flexible enough to fit your family's likes. I took it to a church dinner and came home with an empty bowl. Thanks for posting!
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked and cooled (or Quinoa)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup grapes (sliced in half, lengthwise)
- 1 celery rib (small dice)
- 5 -6 dried apricots (chopped)
- 1 egg (hard boiled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 4 leaves lettuce (I like Bibb or Buttercrunch)