Becky in Junction City, OR's Note:
This salad always gets finished at Potlucks. I generally like it with more grapes, mandarin slices and curry powder but adjust to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head red leaf lettuce or 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, sections
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 avocado
- 1Tear lettuce and spinach into bite size pieces.
- 2Cut grapes in half.
- 3Drain orange segments.
- 4Mince garlic.
- 5Peel, seed and slice avocado.
- 6In salad bowl combine lettuce, spinach, orange segments and grapes.
- 7In screw top jar combine salad oil,vinegar,garlic, brown sugar, chives, curry powder and soysauce.
- 8Shake dressing until combined.
- 9Just before serving toss some of the dressing with the salad.
- 10Garnish with avocado and almonds.
- 11Pass around the remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Fruit and Nut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 79.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar