Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother always used to make this with beef Stroganoff (My Dad's Beef Stroganoff is my family's recipe).
- 1 (15 ounce) can peach halves in syrup
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 5 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Drain fruit well on paper towels.
- Melt butter with sugar and curry and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the butter mixture over the fruit in a covered, oven-proof dish.
- Bake covered for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
I'm not usually a fan of curry, but, in this instance, it really works. Just the right balance. Will have again, no doubt.