Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I made this for lunch with rice leftover from Chinese takeout. It was a little sticky, but the flavor was awesome!
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 cups cold cooked rice, grains separated
- 1 egg
- 3 drops soy sauce
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 3 -5 Thai red chili peppers, stemmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- vegetable oil
- Mix together yogurt, coconut extract, curry paste, and ginger in a small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Beat egg in a small bowl with 3 drops of soy sauce and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
- Heat wok over medium heat with 1/2 tbsp oil; add beaten egg when wok is heated and swirl gently to set egg into a thin pancake; as egg puffs and cooks, break apart into small pieces and remove from wok.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to wok; when heated, add zucchini and cook until halfway done; add peas, carrots, lemongrass, chilies, and mushrooms and cook 1 minute more.
- Add rice to wok and stir-fry for several minutes, allowing flavors to cook through the rice; if mixture begins to stick, lower heat some and add a small amount of oil.
- Add green onions and bean sprouts to rice and cook for up to 1 minute; add 1 tbsp fish sauce and 1 tbsp light soy sauce, blending into rice.
- Fold in cooked egg.
- Pour in the curry sauce and squeeze in the juice of 1/2 lime and stir quickly.
- Turn off the heat and fold in the chopped cilantro and stir well.
- Serve at once.