Recipe by Pets'R'us
Makes a nice spiced, crispy batter. Adjust the amount and hotness of curry powder to your own liking. This is enough for approx 1 1/2 lb of fish cut up in pieces.
Top Review by Susie D
Excellent! The fish fried up very crispy in your wonderful batter. It is mildly seasoned, but adds such a lovely flavor to white fish. My DH raved over this one. I will definitely use this again. Thank you Pets!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water, maybe a bit more
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the water, egg and mustard.
- Add to the dry ingredients, whisk until you have a smooth batter, if needed add a bit more water but do not make it too thin.
- If you have the time let it rest for an hour in the fridge.