Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the National Pasta Association.
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced fine
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large tomatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- lime wedge
- Begin preparing the pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, scallions, garlic and jalapeño pepper.
- Sauté until the onion begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato and soy sauce, reduce the heat to low and cook until the tomato begins to give off liquid.
- Stir in the vegetables and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Just before draining the pasta, stir 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid into the curry mixture.
- Return the skillet to low heat and cook until heated through.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the curry mixture and stir well to coat the pasta with sauce.
- Add honey and raisins.
- Stir well.
- Serve at once, passing the lime wedges separately.