1/6 Photos of Curried Eggs
Hard boiled eggs in a curry sauce. Serve with rice or on toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Hard boil the eggs, using your favorite method. Cool slightly and peel. Cut them in half lengthwise.
- 2Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the onion and garlic, until onion is just soft.
- 3Stir in the curry powder, tomato paste, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to cook over a low heat until it is just bubbling.
- 4Add egg halves to onion mixture and stir gently, until reheated through. Add a little more water if sauce gets too thick.
- 5Add lemon zest and parsley. Stir again and serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.7
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 309.5 mg
- Sodium 177.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.8 g