Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hard boiled eggs in a curry sauce. Serve with rice or on toast.
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Hard boil the eggs, using your favorite method. Cool slightly and peel. Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the onion and garlic, until onion is just soft.
- Stir in the curry powder, tomato paste, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to cook over a low heat until it is just bubbling.
- Add egg halves to onion mixture and stir gently, until reheated through. Add a little more water if sauce gets too thick.
- Add lemon zest and parsley. Stir again and serve while hot.
This is wonderful and simple. I cooked the eggs whilst the sauce was cooking too, other than that I made it as is. I think next time I will try poaching the eggs in the sauce as I prefer a bit of runny yolk. Thanks for sharing!
Unlike anything I've had before! The sauce was so easy to make, and would be good with just about any veggies and/or meat.
This is great. Only thing I didn't have was parsley!! I may do this dish on a Boy Scout camping trip, just that I will cook the eggs at home. Made for Football Pool 2012.