I had forgotten about this recipe and came across it again today. I remember the family liking this dish so I am about to start making it again. This is a great recipe if you have fresh eggs to use up!
- Cut shelled eggs in half.
- Put shallots and butter in pan and gently cook until shallots are soft and clear (not coloured).
- Sprinkle on the flour and curry powder and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in milk and cook about 8 minutes or until it is a smooth and thick sauce. Add more milk if sauce is too thick. (Consistancy should be that of thick pouring cream).
- Add mustard and lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Add eggs and heat through, be very careful not to break eggs.
- TIP~ When making sauce to avoid a lumpy texture, add liquid all at once if cold, gradually if hot and stirring consantly.