Recipe by Erin K. Brown
Adapted from "Four Seasons Party Book" pg. 16. This has become a favorite substitute for regular deviled eggs, particularly amongst the menfolk I know. I usually use a lot of curry powder, 1 tbsp. or more for 12 eggs, but your amount will vary depending on your taste and the type of curry powder you have.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Made these with some leftover boiled eggs and dijonnaise instead of dijon-horseradish mustard. Maybe dijon-horseradish mustard would have been even better, but this turned out great! Thanks for posting!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon-horseradish mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons horseradish
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- curry powder (to taste)
- mango chutney, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half and combine yolks in a mixing bowl with horseradish and mustard until filling is thick, but not pasty.
- Add seasonings to taste. (I tend to go heavy on the curry powder.).
- Fill the whites with the mixture using a spoon or pastry bag with a star tip.
- Garnish each with 1/4 tsp chutney.
- Chill and serve.