Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from "Four Seasons Party Book" pg. 16. This has become a favorite substitute for regular deviled eggs, particularly amongst the menfolk I know. I usually use a lot of curry powder, 1 tbsp. or more for 12 eggs, but your amount will vary depending on your taste and the type of curry powder you have.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon-horseradish mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons horseradish
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- curry powder (to taste)
- mango chutney, finely minced
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half and combine yolks in a mixing bowl with horseradish and mustard until filling is thick, but not pasty.
- Add seasonings to taste. (I tend to go heavy on the curry powder.).
- Fill the whites with the mixture using a spoon or pastry bag with a star tip.
- Garnish each with 1/4 tsp chutney.
- Chill and serve.
Made these with some leftover boiled eggs and dijonnaise instead of dijon-horseradish mustard. Maybe dijon-horseradish mustard would have been even better, but this turned out great! Thanks for posting!