Recipe by Sherrie-pie
My favourite recipe for curried eggs. I love these. You can boil the eggs previously, which makes this quick. In fact, I put the eggs in with the rice in a steamer. A vegetarian dish, which I like when I want something different.
Top Review by Tannic
I really liked this one, but it got mixed reviews from the fam. My picky eater devoured it, but my omnivore didn't, go figure. I thought the use of banana lent an interesting sweetness and helped the curry form a nice creamy sauce. It was easy to put together, even though it was strange to put vinegar into hot milk when not making ricotta.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 -2 cup milk or 1 -2 cup milk and water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fruit chutney
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 bananas
- 6 hardboiled egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice onion and fry in butter until light brown, stirring to prevent burning. Sprinkle in the flour and curry powder and cool for 1 minute. Add the milk gradually, stirring and cooking until thickened. Add the vinegar, sugar, sliced bananas, salt and fruit chutney and stir to mix. Shell and cut the eggs in half and add them to the mixture, allowing them to heat up thoroughly.
- Serve on cooked rice. Serve with cubed tomatoes, sliced bananas and coconut.