Recipe by gourmetmomma
This is a quick, easy soup to make for lunch. It is a great way to use up leftover eggplant. When adding the curry powder, the quantity given is approximate. There is a huge variation in the spiciness of curry powder. Use an amount that makes the soup taste good to you. If you do not have vegetable stock, any other stock will work.
Top Review by Kiwiwife
Great change of pace for eggplant! Took less than 30 minutes from the thought of making to enjoying a cup! I used 1/4 tsp cayenne as well and about 1 1/2 tsp plain curry powder. I do love the flavor so can overlook the color! Thanks for posting!
- 473.18 ml cubed eggplants
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml diced potato
- 709.77 ml vegetable stock
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- plain yogurt
- curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the eggplant, onion, and potato into a small saucepan. Cover with stock.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend the soup until smooth. Use an immersion (stick) blender, food processor, blender, or potato masher based on what you have. The color will be a pale pale green with little flecks of purple.
- Add part of the salt and curry powder. Taste. Adjust seasonings to make it taste right for you.
- Serve in bowls. Top with plain (unsweetened) yogurt and a dusting of curry powder. This is good with pita bread and raw veggies on the side.