Recipe by Brian Holley
Aubergines are an important vegetable in Indian households. Here is a very tastey and easy dish to prepare. This makes enough for four people as a side dish to accompany a meat or fish curry.
Top Review by MaiKo Bueno
Loved it: Simple. Fast. Delicious.<br/>Served with Basmatti rice.<br/>My husband who does not fancy Eggplants repeated the dish twice :)<br/>I did not use chili since I am breastfeeding but I believe it would add an extra kick and be awesome. Instead I used just a little of Cayenne pepper.
- 1 large aubergine, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion till light golden colour.
- Add the spices, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, stir in the coconut milk. Cook to form a gravy.
- Add the aubergine, and tomato, stir into the gravy, reduce heat to medium and cook till aubergine is tender. About 30 minutes.