Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is something do when I'm craving comfort food and don't want to go shopping. It was definitely a creation inspired by necessity.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat with a fork or whisk until the yolk and white are well combined.
- Line a small plate with the baby spinach.
- In a small non-stick frying pan heat the oil over medium heat. When hot, briefly (1 minute) sauté the onion and curry.
- Pour the beaten egg into the frying pan with the curry/onion mixture. Stir with spatula as it cooks ensuring that the eggs are well mixed with the onions. Eggs are done when solid but still moist.
- Spoon eggs onto spinach and serve warm.
With the exception of the spinach this is exactly the way my late dad made his curried scramble egg and it was delicious.
I was intrigued by the idea of adding curry powder to scrambled eggs and I was not disappointed. I loved the eggs! I'm a curry lover but a whole tablespoon seemed like a lot to me so I used half a tablespoon of Madras curry powder and it was perfect for my taste. Next time I'll save the greens for my salad, but there will definitely be a next time. Lovely recipe, Umberle.