Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
I remember when I was young, my older sister would make these for me at lunch. I think it was all she could make back then! Now all these years later, I love them, as so do my kids. And as a true blue aussie I still use Keen’s Curry Powder, it just seems to bring back a little nostalgia when I see the Keens tin !
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole egg mayonnaise
- 8 slices of fresh bread
- Boil eggs for approx 8 minutes and cool.
- Peel eggs and mash with a fork, add the curry powder, chives and mayonnaise and spread egg mixture onto 4 slices of bread.
- Top the egg mix with the other 4 slices and cut as desired.
Delicious! We love curry so I knew that this would be a hit at my house. My family loved it! We don't have Keen's Curry Powder here, but it tasted great with the curry powder that I had. We like our egg salad to be a little sweet so I added 1 TBS. sweet pickle relish and it was perfect. Thank you for sharing! *Made for AUS/NZ swap #22*
I enjoyed this for my breakfast this morning. I cut the recipe in half and devoured it. YUM!
Yum! I've always done curried eggs using milk but the mayonnaise is a better idea and adds a bit of creaminess so they taste good without any margarine. For anyone that's never tried them before don't be put off by the amount of curry powder, because it's not cooked it's quite mild.