Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe while browsing the sunmaidraisin.com website;- with a little bit of fine tuning. Whole milk plain yogurt replaces some of the mayonnaise. Skip the coconut if you don't like it. It's good either way.
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coconut (flaked or grated-I lightly toasted the coconut in a dry cast iron skillet)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, toasted, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices raisin bread
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, coconut (if using), green onion, curry powder, salt and black pepper.
- Stir in eggs and cashews.
- Divide and spread the egg salad mixture between four slices of raisin bread. Add the spinach leaves and top with the other four bread slices.
- Serve with fresh sliced mangoes and papayas!
This was DEEE-licious! I cut the recipe down to 1 serving - I made it for my breakfast - and was very pleasantly surprised. I was a bit skeptical of the ingredient list as I am not very adventurous when it comes to cooking, and for me this was an adventurous recipe! With that said, I followed the recipe exactly as written and had a wonderful breakfast. The egg salad itself has a bit of bite and some sweetness from the coconut. I used Fage plain greek yogurt and organic mayo, so that made it nice and creamy. Loved the chopped roasted cashews too - crunch factor is a plus for me. I served open-face on gluten-free raisin bread and that really worked for me - the sweetness of the bread was a perfect compliment for the egg salad. BTW - I skipped the spinach as I didn't have any on hand, but did not miss it to be honest. Excellent recipe Cookgirl - thanks for posting. Made for ZWT8 and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys! Photo to follow...
This is very good and different. I used pecans since I had no cashews on hand. I served it with Sweet Potato Carrot Bisque and they were an excellent partnership. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe my husband and I both appreciate it! :)