Found this recipe while browsing the sunmaidraisin.com website;- with a little bit of fine tuning. Whole milk plain yogurt replaces some of the mayonnaise. Skip the coconut if you don't like it. It's good either way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coconut (flaked or grated-I lightly toasted the coconut in a dry cast iron skillet)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 1/4 cup cashews, toasted, chopped
- 3/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices raisin bread
- 1Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, coconut (if using), green onion, curry powder, salt and black pepper.
- 2Stir in eggs and cashews.
- 3Divide and spread the egg salad mixture between four slices of raisin bread. Add the spinach leaves and top with the other four bread slices.
- 4Serve with fresh sliced mangoes and papayas!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Egg Salad Sandwich on Raisin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 236.9 mg
- Sodium 382.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: