Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe while browsing the sunmaidraisin.com website;- with a little bit of fine tuning. Whole milk plain yogurt replaces some of the mayonnaise. Skip the coconut if you don't like it. It's good either way.
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coconut (flaked or grated-I lightly toasted the coconut in a dry cast iron skillet)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, toasted, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices raisin bread
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, coconut (if using), green onion, curry powder, salt and black pepper.
- Stir in eggs and cashews.
- Divide and spread the egg salad mixture between four slices of raisin bread. Add the spinach leaves and top with the other four bread slices.
- Serve with fresh sliced mangoes and papayas!