1/2 Photos of Curried Egg Salad on Greens
This up-dated egg salad gets its kick from curry powder and caramelized onions. Serve this salad on a bed of summer greens for a fast and flavorful main meal or side salad. This is a Good Housekeeping recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 (5 -6 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (I use pecans too)
- 1Hard cook eggs: Place eggs in 3-quart saucepan with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Heat water, just to boiling, on high; remove from heat. Cover saucepan and let eggs stand 15 minutes.
- 2While eggs are cooking, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add onion and cook about 20 minutes or until very tender and golden-brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in peas, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper; cook 3 minutes longer, until peas are cooked. Remove skillet from heat.
- 3When eggs are done, carefully pour off water and cool eggs in same pan in cold water, changing water occasionally, until eggs are easy to handle, about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, from lemon, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. In large bowl, stir lemon peel and juice with mayonnaise and curry powder.
- 5Remove shells from hard-cooked eggs. Coarsely chop eggs and place in large bowl.
- 6To bowl with eggs, add onion mixture, mayonnaise mixture, celery, and parsley; stir gently with rubber spatula to combine. If you like, cover and refrigerate egg salad 1 hour or until chilled.
- 7To serve, place greens on 4 dinner plates; top with egg salad and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Egg Salad on Greens
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.0
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 322.5 mg
- Sodium 721.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens