Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
101 cookbooks - Rewrite
- 5 good quality eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder (your favorite)
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 pinches salt
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh chives, minced
- First off, you need to boil the eggs properly (the key to good egg salad!). Place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by a 1/2-inch or so. Bring to a gentle boil. Now turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for exactly seven minutes. Have a big bowl of ice water ready and when the eggs are done cooking and place them in the ice bath for three minutes or so - long enough to stop the cooking.
- While the eggs are boiling and cooling, combine the yogurt, curry powder and salt in a tiny bowl. Set aside.
- Crack and peel each egg, and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add the curried yogurt, onions, apple, pecans, and chives. Now mash with a fork. Don't overdo it, you want the egg mixture to have some texture. If you need to add a bit more plain yogurt to moisten up the mixture a bit, go for it a bit at a time. taste and add more salt if needed. Enjoy as-is, or served wrapped in lettuce or between two slices of good, toasted bread.