Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Time has past for the long summer days, afternoons around a pool and evening BBQ's with friends and family, but will soon return!! Remember that eggs are a delicious and nutritious addion to any summer menu. Check out "Judy's" spin for a different recipe for on a popular classic. I got this recipe from Get Cracking!!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat yogurt or 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder (to taste)
- Peel and chop four eggs; cut remaining two eggs into wedges for garnish.
- Cook potatoes 5-7 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, potatoes, apple, celery and onion.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and fold to coat well.
- Cover and chill until serving.
I have been waiting to try this recipe, loved the ingrediants and the look of the pictures. Well tonight I finally made it. I used 2 tsp of Keens curry, I also couldnt see mild on it. I really loved it and so did my husband. My daughter who is 9 liked it but said it was a little hot for her. So next time I make it I will use only 1 tsp curry powder. I will SO make this again! Thanks!!!!
This potato salad recipe is wonderful. Doubled up on the dressing for a saucier salad. I was hesitant about the amount of curry powder because the recipe says "mild curry powder (to taste)". I don't have a lot of experience with curry powder and the curry powder I had on hand did not say "mild". I went ahead and followed the recipe and it worked out great. The salad is even better the second day.
This potato salad is the bomb! I used dried shallots instead of green onions, and carrots instead of celery. I never really cared for potato salad but this one changed my mind!