Recipe by Tish
Let me tell you that the secret ingredient will add that special something that will get people asking what you did to make these so good! I'm not good at a bunch of ingredients so this is bare bones...you can fiddle with the spices if you like but try them this way first...you may never go back!
Top Review by Banriona
I followed the egg boiling instructions to the letter and ended up with unuseable eggs. Once I re-boiled the eggs the recipe was divine. The filling is absolutely delicious!!! We served them at my sons 1st b-day party (jungle theme) as 'wild boar eyes' and they were a HUGE hit!!!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled,shells removed,halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay the eggs in the pan and add cold water to cover.
- Set over high heat and bring just to the boil; remove from heat, cover the pan, and let sit exactly 17 minutes.
- When the time is up, transfer the eggs to the bowl of ice cubes and water.
- Chill for 2 minutes while bringing the cooking water to the boil again.
- (This 2 minute chilling shrinks the body of the egg from the shell.) Transfer the eggs to the boiling water, bring to a boil again, and let boil for 10 seconds (this expands the shell from the egg.) Remove eggs, and place back into the ice water.
- *Chillingthe eggs promptly after each step prevents that dark line from forming, and if time allows, leave the eggs in the ice water after the last step for 15-20 minutes.
- Chilled eggs are easier to peel, as well.
- The peeled eggs will keep perfectly in the refrigerator, submerged in water in an uncovered container, for 2 to 3 days.
- Leaving egg whites intact, gently remove yolks.
- In medium bowl, mash yolks with fork; stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon rounded Tbs of the mixture into each egg white half, or pipe mixture with large star tip.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- (Deviled eggs can be made up to 1 day ahead.).