1/1 Photo of Curried Creole Chicken & Black Beans-A Winner!
1 hr 15 mins
This is a real winner, not to difficult to make but so full of flavor. Authentic and just what is needed when you want to imagine sitting on a sunny creole beach. (taken from cooking with Asinus Asinum Fricat)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fryer chickens (cut up or chicken pieces)
- 4 medium red onions
- 1 leek
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated coconut (coconut flakes can also do the job)
- 2 tablespoons curry
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, rosemary, parsley, bay leaf)
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 2 cups of drained black beans (also called turtle beans)
- 2 fresh chili peppers, chopped up finely
- 2 limes (the juice of )
- salt & pepper
- 1Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the curry powder and the turmeric. In a large skillet, add the knob of butter and start frying the onion, leek & garlic till golden.
- 2Add the chicken pieces, brown them on all sides, add 1 tbsp of flour, stir then add half the chicken stock.
- 3Mix well, add the bouquet garni, the coconut, the other tbsp of flour and the rest of the chicken stock.
- 4Add the lime juice, the chilies and cover, simmering for 45 minutes over medium to low heat.
- 5When it's almost cooked, add the black beans, whip the sour cream into it, salt & pepper. Serve with Creole rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Creole Chicken & Black Beans-A Winner!
Serving Size: 1 (600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1254.2
- Calories from Fat 602
- Total Fat 66.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 303.2 mg
- Sodium 659.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 101.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: