Recipe by kiwidutch
I am always looking for ways to prepare corn in the summer. I just love the mix of curry and cream. COOKS NOTES: Variation: Leave out the cream for a lighter version in which the corn's flavor will be even more pronounced. Flavor building: Sauté 1 diced bell pepper along with the other vegetables and/or add 1/2 cup minced scallions along with the cilantro at the end. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: United States of America.
- 6 ears corn
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided use
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, halved, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- coarse salt
- fresh ground white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the stalk end of 1 ear of corn to enable you to stand it on end securely. Stand cob on cutting board and set blade of a very sharp chef's knife at a slight angle at top of cob, where kernels meets cob. Draw knife down along cob, detaching kernels. Work your way around the cob, repeating until all kernels are removed. Repeat with remaining cobs. You should have about 4 cups of kernels.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in wide, deep sauté pan set over low heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add jalapeno and garlic, stir, and cook 2 more minutes. Add curry powder, stir to coat other ingredients, and continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Add corn, stir well, and continue cooking 3 minutes more. Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper, and let cook until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining butter, then add chopped cilantro.