Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Something a little different in a curry to tempt your taste buds.
Make and share this Curried Cream Prawns recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg green prawns
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1⁄2 green apple
- 1 small banana
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces butter, extra
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Remove back vein & tails from prawns.
- Heat butter in a pan & add peeled & finely chopped onion, & crushed garlic.
- Sautégently until onion is golden brown.
- Add flour & curry powder. Stir 2 minutes; remove pan from heat.
- Add water, stir until combined.
- Return pan to heat; stir until sauce boils & thickens.
- Add crumbled stock cubes, peeled & finely chopped apple & banana, salt & pepper, tomato sauce and vinegar.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered 30 minutes.
- Remove lid from pan; simmer further 15 minutes, or until sauce is thick.
- Press mixture through sieve, return to pan.
- Add prawns and sour cream.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour into ovenproof dish.
- Melt extra butter in pan; add breadcrumbs, stir until combined.
- Sprinkle over prawns.
- Bake in hot oven 5 minutes, or until crumbs are golden.