Recipe by mianbao
This is from Margaret Rudkin's Pepperidge Farm Cookbook. I haven't tried it. I am posting in answer to a request. Prep and cooking times are guesses.
Top Review by Jessica K
Very good. I sauteed some onions and garlic with the butter. Brings back memories. We used to get a curry soup at a place when we lived in Okinawa. This was not quite the same but the closest i've come to it! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 4 cups chicken broth, homemade or canned
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons chicken fat
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin heating some water in the lower section of your double boiler.
- Use enough water so that it will not boil dry, and also so that the water will not touch the bottom of the top section when boiling.
- Meanwhile, over low direct heat, melt butter in the top section of the double boiler.
- Mix curry powder and flour and add to the melted butter.
- Cook over low heat for 2 minutes stirring constantly, being careful not to scorch.
- Remove from heat and add chicken broth slowly, stirring constantly.
- Return to the direct heat and bring just to a boil while stirring.
- Place top section of double boiler over the lower section with the water boiling.
- Add cream.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat when heated through.