Recipe by - Carla -
Simple & Delicious
Top Review by buckeye1953
This is excellent! I made it exactly as written, and it was very, very good. As I was eating my first bowl, I began thinking about the cinnamon and ginger combination. "I wonder what it would be like if I added a tablespoon of honey to the pot?" WOW! I loved it even more! Then I wondered how a dollop of plain yogurt might taste as a garnish. Another winning idea! No doubt about it - this recipe is a keeper!
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 4 cups chicken or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt & pepper
- chives (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot melt butter and sauté onions, ginger,& garlic until translucent.
- Mix in curry, cinnamon, bay& fresh thyme.
- Add carrots, stock, salt& pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame and allow to simmer until carrots are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Puree soup.
- Whisk in half& half cream.
- Garnish soup with fresh cut chives.