Curried Cream of Carrot Soup
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion, garlic and ginger in butter over moderately-low heat, stirring, until onion is softened.
- Stir in curry and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 10 seconds.
- Add carrots, stock, bay leaf, thyme, pepper and 1 ½ cups water, and boil.
- Simmer mixture, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and, in a blender, puree mixture in batches, transferring it to a large saucepan.
- Whisk in cream, honey and salt to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkling of scallion.
- Good hot or cold.