Recipe by evelyn/athens
This soup is delicious - and so easy to make!
Top Review by Geema
Not only is this soup delicious, it's also nutritious! I added a chopped potato to the vegetables, since my husband likes his soup on the thick side, and a little more curry powder, since 1 teaspoon didn't seem like very much. I zapped this soup with my stick blender, which made it super easy to puree, and it turned a beautiful pale green when I added the cream. We enjoyed this as a light starter to our dinner. We appreciate you Evelyn!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 kg broccoli stem, peeled and chopped coarse
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- croutons or chopped scallion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in butter over moderate heat, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli, stock and curry and season to taste.
- Simmer mixture, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture in processor in batches, transferring it to a saucepan.
- Add cream and heat over low heat.
- Garnish with croutons or scallions.