Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This soup is delicious - and so easy to make!
Make and share this Curried Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook onion in butter over moderate heat, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli, stock and curry and season to taste.
- Simmer mixture, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture in processor in batches, transferring it to a saucepan.
- Add cream and heat over low heat.
- Garnish with croutons or scallions.
Not only is this soup delicious, it's also nutritious! I added a chopped potato to the vegetables, since my husband likes his soup on the thick side, and a little more curry powder, since 1 teaspoon didn't seem like very much. I zapped this soup with my stick blender, which made it super easy to puree, and it turned a beautiful pale green when I added the cream. We enjoyed this as a light starter to our dinner. We appreciate you Evelyn!
Very easy to make. I loved the curry flavor. I used my stick (immersion) blender to puree. Next time I make this I think I will add a grated potato to help give a little more body to the soup without adding more fat. Delicious garnished with garlic/herb croutons! Thanx for sharing!