Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an excellent New Year's Eve appy. An easy, make ahead appetizer.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh coriander or 1⁄3 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- In a large frying pan, heat oil.
- Add carrot, red pepper, onion, garlic and curry powder and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in coriander, lemon juice and salt; let cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, stir cream cheese until creamy, using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Lay tortillas out on a work surface.
- Spread each tortilla with the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up tightly, pressing firmly to seal.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, trim ends of rolls, then cut each roll on a diagonal into 8 to 10 slices.
- Serve chilled.
This was very well recieved at my mother's retirement party. The colors made it look so appealing. I used red pepper tortillas, so the color was even that much more eye catching. Don't get scared off by the curry, it is a small enough amout that most people don't really even realize there is curry in there, they just know it tastes good!