Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This is an excellent New Year's Eve appy. An easy, make ahead appetizer.
Top Review by tara portee
This was very well recieved at my mother's retirement party. The colors made it look so appealing. I used red pepper tortillas, so the color was even that much more eye catching. Don't get scared off by the curry, it is a small enough amout that most people don't really even realize there is curry in there, they just know it tastes good!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh coriander or 1⁄3 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, heat oil.
- Add carrot, red pepper, onion, garlic and curry powder and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in coriander, lemon juice and salt; let cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, stir cream cheese until creamy, using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Lay tortillas out on a work surface.
- Spread each tortilla with the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up tightly, pressing firmly to seal.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, trim ends of rolls, then cut each roll on a diagonal into 8 to 10 slices.
- Serve chilled.