Recipe by *Z*
This recipe comes from a Taste of Home Healthy Coking Magazine. I haven't made it. It looks like an interesting twist on Chex Mix. It seems like you could make this as spicy as you like just by using different curry powder.
- 2 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, however spicy you want
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cereals, chow mein noodles and pistachios in a large ziptop bag.
- Combine melted butter, orange juice, curry powder, salt, garlic powder, dried basil, orange zest and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture in the large bag.
- Zip the bag closed and toss gently to coat the cereal with the butter mix.
- Coat a large baking sheet (with sides) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the cereal mix on the sheet.
- Bake at 275 for 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Cool completely on wire rack and store in an airtight container.